Passengers travelling on Ebus are allowed three (3) pieces of luggage in total, including carry-on items (2 max). Carry-on bags which must be able to fit into the overhead compartment. The maximum number of pieces allowed on is six (6). Charges for extra luggage are noted below.
- Carry-on items considered include briefcases, laptop bags, purses, small back packs, diaper bags and such.
- One item may be kept on the passenger’s lap OR on the floor between the seat and your feet.
- Carry-on items cannot be stored under the seat as there is wiring that runs under the seats.
- The aisle must be kept clear of carry-on items, including shoulder straps.
- Alcohol is not permitted onboard under any circumstances.
Dimensions of Overhead Bins
60” wide, 10” deep, 8¾” high angling to 7½” high at the back.
Charges for Extra Luggage
- Passengers will be charged for all additional luggage at the rate of $10.00 per piece (includes GST). Bicycles may be transported at a cost of $15.00 each (includes GST) and must be boxed or wrapped (see “Protection of Luggage” below).
- Ebus does not carry freight, as such, we have the right to refuse items deemed not to be essential or luggage. As well, we reserve the right to limit the size, weight and the number of items you wish to check in.
- The maximum extra bags allowed on Ebus is three (3) for a maximum of six (6). Exceeding the total number of bags allowed is not negotiable.
Items deemed essential for the wellbeing of our passengers will be transported at no charge. These items would include: walking or mobility aids/devices, car seats, and oxygen canisters.
Protection of Luggage
- In an effort to protect all luggage stored under the coach, items should be packed or covered in such a way as to not be damaged during transit or not to damage other luggage. It is important that items of a breakable nature (TV’s) or those that contain pointy (ski poles) or greasy (bike chains) parts are secured by a box, suitable covering, or plastic wrap/bags.
- It is recommended that electronics, items of value and fragile items be carried on board and stored in the overhead bins.
- To avoid luggage mix ups, it is recommended that you place a visible identifier on your stored luggage including a luggage tag with your name, address and phone number. ebus is not responsible for a passenger picking up the wrong piece of luggage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your checked luggage is placed in the correct compartment prior to departure as well, it is your responsibility to remove all personal items brought on to the coach, Ebus will not be responsible for items left behind on the coach or luggage issues as a result of a change in your arrival point.
- Please ensure you clearly advise the representative loading your luggage of your arrival point, to ensure your luggage is placed into the appropriate compartment.
- Found items are kept for a 30 day period, after which time they will be disposed of.
Weight Restrictions for Luggage
For any piece of luggage over 60 lbs., the driver may ask the passenger to load and unload their luggage at the pick-up and drop-off points. The passenger must be capable of loading the luggage.
A firearm may be transported as long as it is in a proper locked case and must be placed under the coach. The firearm cannot be taken out at any mid-trip stops ( i.e. Red Deer or Grassland) unless that is the end point for the passenger. A hard case is preferred, but not mandatory. We DO NOT transport ammunition.
Ebus will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to, checked luggage in excess of stated maximum liability. In addition, Ebus does not accept liability to loss off or damage to unchecked baggage carried on board.
Maximum baggage liability is $350.00. Any damage must be reported to Ebus within 24 hours or claim may be refused.